a. Electronic Agreement. This Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your use of the Website and/or your Subscription to the Service. This Agreement may be modified by www.thescoutingnews.com from time to time, with such modifications to be effective upon posting by www.thescoutingnews.com on the Website. By accessing the Website or becoming a Subscriber, you accept this Agreement and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein.
b. Electronic Form. By accessing the Website or becoming a Subscriber, you consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
2. Required Web Browsers. Only Microsoft Internet Explorer or Safari Web Browser may be used to access the Website.
3. Attorney’s Fees. Should a Subscriber request a refund from www.thescoutingnews.com, which is denied pursuant to this Agreement, and Subscriber subsequently files a claim against in the courts of the United States or Canada, www.thescoutingnews.com shall be entitled to recover from Subscriber all costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) associated with defending such a claim.
4. Keeping Membership Current. Subscriber must promptly inform www.thescoutingnews.com of the following:
(a) changes in the expiration date of any credit card used in connection with the service;
(b) changes in home or billing address; and
(c) any apparent breaches of security, such as loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of an ID or password.
Until www.thescoutingnews.com is notified via e-mail of a breach in security, Subscriber shall remain liable for any unauthorized use of the Services as governed by this Agreement. Subscribers are responsible for providing all personal computer and communications equipment necessary to gain access to the Service.
5. Member Accounts. Access to and use of the Service is through a combination of a Subscriber specific username and password. Subscribers must use Required Web Browsers only to view the Website. If Subscriber has technical difficulties, he/she should consult a local computer technician. Each Subscriber must keep his/her password strictly confidential.
6. Single Location/ISP Rule. A Subscriber may only access Website using a single Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) from a single location. A Subscriber may not access the Website from both a home and work computer with the same subscription. Further, where a Subscriber chooses to access the Website via a laptop computer, such use shall be limited to the first location, defined as the initial ISP (including any wireless networks) used to access the Website.
a) Proxy Server. The use of a Proxy Server is prohibited. If a Subscriber is found to use a Proxy Server, his/her subscription will be immediately terminated, with no refund.
b) Log of IP Address. www.thescoutingnews.com shall keep a log of all IP addresses and ISPs used by Subscriber to access the Website, as a method of enforcing the Single Location/ISP rule. Subscriber hereby consents to the keeping of such Log.
b) Violation of Single Location/ISP Rule. If Subscriber violates the provisions of the Single Location/ISP Rule of this paragraph 7, www.thescoutingnews.com reserves the right to charge a $99.99 reconnection/security fee, and Subscriber thereby consents to the posting of his/her name on the front page of the Website under the “Password Violators” section.
7. Release of Passwords/Unauthorized Access. www.thescoutingnews.com will not release passwords for any reason, except as may be specifically required by law or court order. Unauthorized access to the service is a breach of this Agreement.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty. No Warranty is made by www.thescoutingnews.com regarding any information, services, or products provided through or in connection with the Service, and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, www.thescoutingnews.com hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including without limitation: any warranties as to the availability, accuracy, or content of information, products, or services; any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Ability to Contract. Subscriber hereby warrants and represents that he /she, in all respects is qualified, competent and of legal age to enter into this Agreement. www.thescoutingnews.com is not obligated to monitor the content on the Website
10. Disclosure of Personal Information. www.thescoutingnews.com reserves the right to disclose any information or materials as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental requirement, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, from the Website, in its discretion, without notice at any time.
11. Editorial Review. www.thescoutingnews.com reserves the right, but is not obligated, to review materials posted to the Website and to remove any such materials and/or edit such materials in its sole discretion, without notice at any time. In addition, www.thescoutingnews.com reserves the right to terminate a Subscriber’s access to any or all of the Website and Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. Further, www.thescoutingnews.com reserves the right to terminate or change any part of the Website at any time.
13. Indemnity. Subscriber hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold www.thescoutingnews.com, its principles, employees, officers, directors, suppliers, publishers, partners, sponsors, or other associates harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) arising from Subscriber’s violation of this Agreement, or any third-party's rights, (including, without limitation, infringement of any copyright, violation of any proprietary right and invasion of any privacy rights). These obligations will survive any termination of Subscriber’s relationship with www.thescoutingnews.com.
14. Private Use of Material. The material contained on the Website (“Material”) is for the private, non-commercial enjoyment of Subscribers only. Any other use is strictly prohibited. Subscriber acknowledges that www.thescoutingnews.com and its publishing partners spend a great deal of time and money to obtain the information appearing on the Website. Subscriber hereby agrees that he/she will not copy, publish, or in any way make available publicly or privately, any news, pictures, interviews, features, or any other information from the Website, without express written permission from www.thescoutingnews.com. Any such unauthorized of the Material by Subscriber shall constitute a violation of state and federal copyright and intellectual property laws, resulting in the immediate termination of subscription, and prosecution by www.thescoutingnews.com to the fullest extent of the law.
15. Subscription Periods. Subscriptions to the Website are automatically renewed. The Scouting News requires tens day cancellation notice prior to the next billing date for any package sold.
17. Refund Policy Requests for a refund are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org within the period of 48 hours after the order is placed. You should accompany this request with detailed and grounded reasons for the refund. A full refund can be issued to you once the request has been accepted. If www.thescoutingnews.com is unable to send Subscriber a password within twenty-four (24) hours of the date of subscription to the email address Subscriber registered with, a password will be sent via the Postal Service, within seven (7) to fourteen (14) calendar days.
OUR TWITTER FEED